MarsMetal manufactures custom and production Forklift Counterweights to satisfy your specific requirements. Forklift types that commonly utilize counterweights are the stand-up rider and sit-down counter-balanced forklifts. Sit-down counter-balanced types commonly place counterweights in between or behind the rear wheels. Counterweights are used to secure a proper weight distribution and maintain stability, to prevent the vehicle from tipping over and to ensure the safety performance of the vehicle.
There are two main groups of forklift counterweights :
- Bulk type: Specifically designed hollow body part at back end or between wheels that for space savings is typically lead filled.
- Stack type: Cast metal housings / steel canisters or metal plates designed to stack onto a base plate. Stacking or removing enables configuration for maximum lift weight.
- Complex lead counterweight castings for OEM’s
- Straight lead fills into your fabricated or cast housings
- All steel and lead filled counterweight additions
- Designed and fabricated to suit your application
Lead Filled Forklift Counterweights and Counterweight Additions
- When size matters, choose lead filled
- Lead is approximately 45% more dense than steel
- Counterweight or Addition can be smaller, shorter, narrower,etc.
All Steel Forklift Counterweight Additions
- When size is less of an issue, choose all steel
- All steel counterweight additions are generally lower cost than lead filled additions
Forklift Counterweight Information Sheet