Mars Metal provides sheet lead conforming to Federal QQ-L-201F and QQ-L-171E (and ASTM B-29 and B-749). Made from 98% recyclable material, sheet lead is the most malleable of common metals and can be easily shaped, formed, bend and cut to suit a variety of applications, including lead roofing and flashing.
Over 70 tons of sheet lead in stock in various sizes are available for immediate shipping!
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Lead lasts an average of more than three times longer than other roofing and flashing products.
- Lead is resistant to corrosion from the atmosphere, salt water, most natural chemicals, and and UV degradation.
- Lead is recyclable and can be re-used.
- Sheet lead can be tightly dressed around junctions and penetrations and is the only material that can protect these areas from water penetration.
- Lead is able to cope with wide ranging temperature fluctuations, and its malleability ensures no cracking.
- Sheet lead installation is not impacted by damp or cold weather conditions.
IN STOCK SIZES/THICKNESSES
Federal Specification QQ-L-201f and QQ-L-171 available.
ASTM Specification ASTM B29-03 and ASTM B749 available.
We stock 1/32”, 1/16” and 1/8” sheet lead in 8 foot and 10 foot rolls.1/32”, 1/16” and 1/8” lead strips are available in 2” X 8 foot and 2” X 10 foot.
Lead Roofing Information Sheet