Mars Metal, a leading Canadian manufacturer of elevator test cart weights and commercial elevator counterweights, has been recognized as an official member of the Canadian Elevator Contractors Association (CECA).
CECA is a non-profit organization of elevator contractors and suppliers. It has been serving the interests of independent elevator contractors and vertical lift suppliers in Canada for over 40 years.
Mars Metal Elevator Test Carts
Mars Metal designs and manufactures superior quality elevator test weights which are a key component for ensuring the safety of the elevators around the world. The use of weights is a critical step in the testing and certification of elevators. Each cart is designed to ensure safety, serviceability, and durability. Click here to request a quote.
Technical Specifications of Test Carts
- Each test cart unit weighs 500 LBS.
- The cart itself weighs 100 LBS and comes with eight, ergonomically-shaped 50 LB weights.
- Carts consist of a rigidly constructed box section fabricated from 1/4” steel plate and 1¼” schedule 40 steel pipe.
- Its wheels have a steel core with solid rubber tires and have roller bearings and grease fittings.
- Carts are painted safety red using an OSHA oxide paint.
- Equipped with a ¾” diameter steel rod designed to accept a padlock that protects the individual test weights from theft.
Commercial Elevator Counterweights
Mars Metal’s lead counterweights are ideal when seeking to increase the capacity of an existing elevator. Given that lead is approximately 45% denser than steel, it provides the necessary weight to counterbalance the new weight capacity. Mars Metal also manufactures steel counterweights according to the size and shape requirements of the client. Click here for more information about our commercial elevator counterweights.
So, next time you take the elevator to your destination, think of the intricate testing procedures and capacity bearing calculations that have gone into ensuring your complete safety. For more information about our elevator test carts, click here.
The Mars Metal Company manufactures specialized lead products for customers in a variety of industries worldwide. To discover more about our products contact the Mars Metal team at email@example.com or (800) 381-5335.
You might also like:
- Mars Metal Celebrates 40 Years of Excellence in Specialty Casting
- How to Solve Your Shielding Challenges With Sheet Lead Product Options